I suggest you ...

Option to start with Firefox's default behavior

This addon seems to provide a lot of useful functionality. But when I install it as a new user, too many settings are changed from Firefox's default behavior. Even if I select the default behavior settings, they differ a lot from Firefox's default settings (that would be the item which I would expect to do what I like).

So, my intention is to install the addon and nothing changes at first. And then I apply setting by setting until I have exactly the behavior at first. Currently I would have to change the settings which I don't like, which IMO is the wrong way around.

13 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    mpopp shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • K4RBQT99 commented  · 

I still like the original idea, implemented as a "minimal" extra profile (not active by default), next to "default" and "recommended" (Hell, I would combine "default" and "recommended").

About the default settings, the mouse actions settings for multi-selecting tabs could be as in the "recommended" profile. The visibility of the multi-selection feature is almost null.

• steve commented  · 

How about enabling the more powerful features by default:
        - mouse scroll tabs (reason I initially installed)
        - drag and go (possible accidentally found shortcut)
        - reload tab options in context menu (possible accidental find for some that could use it and buried in options)

+1 on keeping the tabs looking the same by default but having the option to change is always nice.

• Adminithinc (Admin, Tab Utilities) commented  · 

> Open new tabs for: Bookmarks/History, Home, Location.

No, these are why TU was created.

> The rest is Ok. It has a good trade-off between the new possibilities of TU and a non-shocking first experience. I would not remove the italic effect for unread tabs.

Then it becomes another issue, what default appearance will be the best. :)

• K4RBQT99 commented  · 

- Open new tabs for: Bookmarks/History, Home, Location.

The rest is Ok. It has a good trade-off between the new possibilities of TU and a non-shocking first experience. I would not remove the italic effect for unread tabs.

• Adminithinc (Admin, Tab Utilities) commented  · 

The styles for current and unread tabs will be turned off by default.
        The context menu on the tab bar will be the Toolbar Context Menu by default.

Any more?

• Yo commented  · 

it's me again ... first sry for being a little bit abstruse. (coming from Germany)
        well I've installed "pre Beta 13 FF4 US" explicit to take some screenys to clarify
        what i meaned with Tab-Style. Also I will show you a right-click contextmenu BUG!?!

friendly greatz

Screenshots:
        Tab-Style - http://i56.tinypic.com/2e1u5np.png
        Contextmenu - http://i53.tinypic.com/2qk2rz7.png

• K4RBQT99 commented  · 

I think that the style (color and bold effect) for the tabs helps a lot to the impression of TU changing all. And I dislike this too. Please consider to remove it from the 'default' settings.

• Yo commented  · 

I totally agree with this.
        For Example the Tab-Style (Text etc.) changes after installation ...
        and it's ugly .... :) :)

Please keep the Firefox default behaviour after installation

PS: Installed version 1.0 on FF4 Beta

• mpopp commented  · 

That should have been "until I have exactly the behavior I want"

Feedback and Knowledge Base