I suggest you ...

Setting maximum number of rows at multiple-rows

It would be great if one could limit the number of displayed tab-rows. If that is overrun, the rows should be scrollable (scrollbar/mousewheel) - like in TMP. Would be awesome!

35 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    andi shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Supermaks commented  · 

This is the last feature I need from TMP to kill this monster. :)
        Idea to edit userchrome.css seems not good for me (sure it's works) because rows are not scrolling whe I put mouse pointer over tabs and roll the mouse wheel.
        Please add topic feature to UI along with mouse scroll.

• RudyD commented  · 

This was the first feature missed by myself too.
        I vote to be accessible by the features or at least a link to a 'howto' on the page of the extension.

I will investigate further but it puts the pinned 'App tabs' as a separate row. (on palemoon.org browser at least.) (Sorry the forum does not work for me at the moment.)
        (If this is a feature I would love to see a setting for it to switch it to same or different line.)

"Movable firefox button" also look funny with several rows' height. (Albeit I mind just a bit this. The app-tabs issue is much more disturbing.)

• slinkygn commented  · 

I'm glad there's a solution for this! That being said, having a way to change this in the UI rather than having to edit userchrome.css and reload would be pretty great.
        For now, I'm doing this with Stylish to edit the user chrome so I don't have to keep editing a text file; it's not an ideal solution either, but it's an improvement.

• Adminithinc (Admin, Tab Utilities) commented  · 

OK, I see. For Fx4, you'd better set the font size/tab height to 22/27px.

[code]
        .tabbrowser-tabs[multirow] .tabbrowser-arrowscrollbox > scrollbox > box {
        font-size: 22px;
        max-height: 81px;
        overflow-y: auto;
        }

.tabbrowser-tabs[multirow] > .tabbrowser-tab {
        font-size: 12px;
        }
        [/code]

• Peter commented  · 

I'd expect the font within the tabs to change in size when changing font-size. But this doesn't work for me.
        I always have to set max-hight to about 78px to have three full rows.
        Even decreasing the tab height in UI seems to have no effect?
        I can see the font-size in the tabs jumping to a larger size as soon as I have more than one row of tabs open (even when setting font-size to 12)

Peter, there is a trick here. The scroll amout will be font-size * 1.2 generally. So set font-size/tab height to 20/24px is the most proper.

• Peter commented  · 

The font-size setting seems to have no effect for me?

• andi commented  · 

Thank you for your continous support!
        I prefer tab-height 26px and this code works perfect for me with it:

font-size: 20px;
        max-height: 112px;
        overflow-y: auto;}

font-size: 12px;}

Excactly three rows are scrolled. I spent the last hour trying to change it to get only one row scrolled but without success. There are no floating-point numbers allowed in CSS, aren't they? I think, the font-size would have to be changed from 20 to (20/3), as scrolling one-and-a-half-row resulted from changing it to 10...
        Thanks again for your effort, great work!

The line scroll amount is font-related. The following css should work. Set the tab height to 24px in the UI.

font-size: 20px;
        max-height: 72px;
        }

font-size: 12px;
        }

• andi commented  · 

Is there a way (maybe also in the userchrome.css?) to set the scrolling-height within the tabbarrows? At the moment, I have lengthwise "half-cutted" rows when scrolling down and up. Thanks in advance :-)

• andi commented  · 

Wow! Thanks a lot! Exactly what I wanted!
        Maybe this could anyway be added in the next version - would be easier for most users, I think. And seems easy to realize, (maxheight: n * tabheight).
        But I'm already pleased, thanks for the really quick support! :-)

With userChrome.css:

max-height: 60px;
        }

Feedback and Knowledge Base